Saturday, June 9, 2012

look for less- city sophisticate

Yes, the inspiration photo for this look is of a toddler. But just look at this kid! I die.

the always fabulous Evie

You wear that cute trench coat and you're standin' and posin'
You got soul, you got too much soul
Ideally I'd know the cost of an inspiration outfit so I can make an outfit that costs less money, but my guess is this lil gal's miniature sized trench and pants cost just as much as the adult version.

Each of the components of this outfit are in trend right now, so you can easily find them at a variety of stores if you don't own some of them already. I originally picked these blue legging jeans from Gap, but found these $44.99 pants at Land's End. The trench is from Forever 21 and is $32.80. There are two choices for shoes and head scarf. The top options mimic the photo better and is less expensive, but the bottom options create a more grown-up look. The blue zig zag scarf is only $3.80 and is another Forever 21 find. The dark brown Mary Jane's are $19.99 at Payless (they got great reviews and probably look cuter on than they do in the pic). I'd personally go for the $4.95 hairband from H&M and the $40 bronze flats from Zappos. I think Evie would approve.

between seasons


view all details here
outfit 1 total cost- $101.58
outfit 2 total cost- $122.74

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!