Friday, June 29, 2012

look for less - chambray skirt

Girl, get yo'self on the chambray train. I bought this skirt from LOFT yesterday and, after spotting this cute fashionista, decided to design a "look for less" around it. Every time I do a "look for less" post I realize just how much one outfit can cost even if each item is budget-friendly. Don't be discouraged! A simple skirt like this one can be paired with just about anything - oxford shirts, soft tees and tanks, cardigans... depending on the color and material, a skirt can get you through all four seasons. The same can be said for the red bag, the sunglasses and the gold jewelry, too.


a not-so-cheap but super cute outfit from Penny Pincher Fashion
The navy and white top I've included in the look is clearly more similar to the inspiration photo than the coral stripe (and it's cheaper), but I wanted to show another color that would look great with this look (minus the purse - go with white or leather). The navy and white version of the coral top is absolutely adorable, too - I want it in both colors! This top is cute too.

I didn't notice until after I'd already published the set that the girl in the inspiration shot is also wearing a chunky gold bracelet. It's a gorgeous bracelet, but I think it's too heavy to pair with the heavy link necklace.


look for less - chambray skirt


Coral striped top - 29.99
Navy striped top - 6.80
Chambray skirt - originally 54.50, then 39.99, now on sale for 20.99 (discounted price in store was 12.50, w/ LOFT card it was 10.62!!!!)
Sunglasses - 5.80
Necklace - 7.80
Wedges - 39.95
Purse - 35.99

Outfit cost (w/ coral top) - $140.52
Same outfit w/ in-store skirt price - $132.03
Outfit cost (w/ navy top) - $117.33
Same outfit w/ in-store skirt price - $106.96! (this striped top alone costs $105)

I love Penny Pincher's shoes, but I couldn't find any like them - let alone look-alikes under $50. The wedges were the cutest shoes I could find, and even though I rarely spend over $25 on anything other than jeans, $40 is a great price for shoes. If only I could walk in heels! I'm such a flats girl.

I got a stain on my skirt literally minutes after putting it on. Thank goodness for fels-naptha - the stain came right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!