Saturday, June 11, 2011

one last thing before I go

it's almost 5 a.m. and I've been awake for three hours. I was very frustrated... there are few things more maddening to me than knowing I need to get good sleep but not being able to have it.

I prayed and prayed. I thought of happy memories. I rubbed my belly (it's very calming...but not calming enough apparently). I realized I hadn't eaten food since noon, so I had a piece of toast. I prayed some more.

Finally, I felt the Lord nudging me to get out of bed again and open up my Bible. It automatically opened to one of my favorites passages - Psalm 119. David was in the midst of war when he wrote it.
It always applies. It always leaves me convicted, motivated, refreshed and even more in love with God. I've read this passage many times, but I was stunned to come across verse 148, which I suppose never stood out to me before::

"My eyes stay open thorough the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises." 


amen to that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!