Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's resolutions

1. complete a 40 day mission titled "the Maker's Diet." it's miserable at first, but it's how I lost 9 lbs for my wedding. sadly this means I will not be joining Julie in her $2500/year budget plan, but I promise to start spending $48 a week (2500/52) as soon as the diet is over. It would be too stressful to try to hit $48 a week when having to buy all organic!

2. read a book every two weeks

3. walk 3 miles a day (edited from 10,000 steps four days a week). This one keeps changing because I'm still figuring out what makes sense/what I can handle for my lifestyle.

4. get published in a nationally read magazine

5. take a vacation with *just* andy

What are your goals for 2010? Please share!

I made my mom's killer meatball chowder for dinner. You place 2 Tbsp flour, one beef bouillon cube or one Tbsp beef bouillon, 3/4 Tbsp salt and 2 Tsp pepper in a 5qt pot and turn to high heat. Add 3 cups of water and stir ingredients until boiling. Add 1 lb of red potatoes (chopped into bite sized pieces) and 1.5 lbs of meatballs (if frozen, heat in microwave or oven before adding to soup). Let simmer for 25 minutes. Add 2 cups of half and half (or 1 1/4 cup heavy cream and 3/4 cup skim milk) as well as one bag of frozen peas. Continue simmering for an additional five minutes, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!