Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dear Santa

Packages have been arriving at our door and in our mailbox non-stop for the past week, and guess what? They're ALL for me. This is what happens when your husband buys everything online. Not complaining- it's exciting to know there is a closet full of presents to be opened soon!

My 23rd birthday is on Friday. Sadly, Andy is working from 1-11pm, but we're celebrating on Saturday with my parents in northern Va. I'm already salivating at the thought of calamari at The Carlyle in Shirlington. After dinner we're heading to the Kennedy Center to hear the National Symphony Orchestra play holiday music. Marvin Hamlisch is performing- remember him playing Carly Simon on the piano in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?"

This weekend last year Andy and I were heading to Florida to board a cruise to the Bahamas. That was one amazing vacation, but I have to admit dinner and a show sounds great this year. Sunday I'll be chowing down on pizza and watching "White Christmas" with some of my old housemates, so really I get 2 dinners and shows!

Here's what I'm asking for this Christmas:
(if you read Good Housekeeping you'll see I received some inspiration from their gift guide)

We'll see what Santa brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!