Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a morning breath goodbye

Last night as we drifted off to sleep I heard Andy whisper, "Jesus, keep my wife safe."

We said goodbye this morning. I had morning breath and frizzy hair and day-old mascara dried up in the corners of my eyes. He held me anyway, and I buried my nose into his neck and imagined all my love for him transferring over so he would have it with him while I'm gone.

Today I have a few last minute things to do and then I'll hit the road w/ two girls from the team. We'll stay the night at my parent's house and tomorrow we'll meet the rest of our team at Dulles to fly to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, fly from there to Kampala, Uganda and then drive from Kampala to Gulu. Total travel time will be around 30 hours.

I can't believe that 24 hours from now I will be on a plane on my way to Africa! This is a dream come true for me. I look forward to telling you all about it!

"And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!