Sunday, November 20, 2011

kid nation


Oh.my.word.

Have you heard of or seen the show "Kid Nation? It aired in 2007 on CBS.
40 kids (ages 8-15) were placed in a stranded town called "Bonanza City" in New Mexico for 40 days. The town was set up to look like an old pioneer town, and the kids slept on cruddy mattresses, used outhouses, pumped their own water and used an extremely old-looking (and unsafe looking) stove. Four of the kids made up the town council and they each ruled a team. The whole goal was for the kids to create a functioning town.

We've been watching the show on youtube and DYING. We just finished episode three and I'm so hooked.

poor little jimmy!



this video makes me laugh every time I watch it

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH I LOVED KID NATION!!!!!!! I watched this show in 2007 and it was amazing!! Im so sad they stopped airing the seasons. Haha so glad that you stumbled upon it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading!