Thursday, November 3, 2011

2011 resolutions update - reality hits

I really did not want to write this post. I'm doing it anyway, because I read recently that it's important to review what accomplishments have been made and then recognize where you fell short and what you need to do differently.

1. Read 26 books, including 5 classics and 1 biography
        yeah... I don't think I've even read 15 books so far this year. Maybe I have. Definitely not five classics though, or a biography. we'll see how fast I can catch up on this one.
        I did read several of the books that I wanted to read this year, though, so that's something.
        I should probably have made this resolution easier to acheive. I normally would have reached this goal by now, but most of the books I've read so far have taken me weeks (instead of days) to finish.

2. Take a vacation with just Andy 
       didn't exactly happen.
       however, we DID go skiing with my family, went to the beach with a bunch of friends for a whole week, flew to chicago and saw the Bears win w/ our fav. Bears fans, and tomorrow we're off to Tampa to visit Kevin and Jackie. So, no "just the two of us" vacation, but lots of happy memories!
      I don't think there's anything we could or should have done differently about this one. We're so glad that we've gotten to do so many fun things this year, and we still got to be together!

3. Get my body bathing-suit ready for our beach trip in June
       YES. I did do that! whoohoo!

4. Become more involved in the community
       I did, but not nearly as much as I wanted to/could have.
      I think the big issue was that I felt like I had enough on my plate. I wish I had committed at least an hour a week to volunteering - I could have done that.
      
5. Memorize a verse or passage each month
      mmm... I don't think I've memorized ten so far.
      but I do read the same two passages every day at work so they'll be on my mind - 2 Peter 1:3-8 (which I have mostly memorized) and Psalm 119:33-40. I think of Psalm 63 on at least a weekly basis... "my soul thirts for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water..." and I quote Luke 18:13b constantly - "Have mercy on me, a sinner."
     I'm thinking about starting a new blog - a side project, you could say - dedicated to growing in the knowledge of God. Encouraging others in their faith should (SHOULD) help me hold myself accountable.

how are your resolutions going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!