Saturday, April 2, 2011

how to annoy me

use every pot/pan/utensil/dish in the kitchen to concoct your late night dinners while I'm upstairs snoozing away unsuspectingly.

then I come downstairs in the morning and expect to see the kitchen sparkling clean like I left it before I went to bed and instead there are unwashed dishes all over the counters and you've left for work, therefore leaving me with the mess.

sneaky you.

apparently my husband is not the only husband out there who has this need to think to himself, "I should make a grilled cheese. With bacon in it. With a bowl of soup. Maybe some veggies. And I should use a different pan for all of those things!"

OH AND I SHOULD USE A TOOTHPICK AFTERWARDS AND PUT IT ON MY PLATE AND THEN IT WILL STICK TO MY PLATE AND IT WILL BE GROSS BUT THAT'S OK MY WIFE WILL DEAL WITH IT.

okay... this has annoyed me... many, many times. but, there comes a day when your husband breaks you, and all you can really do is laugh and see the absurdity/kind of cuteness in his quirks. and his sheepish grin and "forgive me?" dance is worth having to clean the kitchen all over again.

I love you, Andy Rennie.

(it's been over a year since I've quoted Bronx Beat here, so it's time again)

Betty Caruso: You know what? Don't get married. Listen to us. Don't get married, the minute you do your life is over, over!

Jodi Dietz: She's right. You know what? My husband, I want to kill him. I want to strangle him while he's asleep. I want to kill him. But you know what? [voice breaking] I love him. He's the love of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!