Saturday, February 12, 2011

Italian sausage with parmesan couscous and asparagus

or,
Tonight we have for you parmesan couscous over a bed of asparagus tossed with lemon garlic butter, topped with spicy Italian sausage.


that's what I told Andy when I served it to him.
yes, we have been watching Master Chef and Top Chef.


I like to use my kitchen scissors to cut up the sausage into hearty chunks
before cooking instead of cooking whole links and cutting after they cool.
the boxed couscous was a cinch to make. this is what it looks like
before fluffing with a fork. 
for the asparagus I made a sauce using a little over
a tablespoon of butter plus a 1/4 tsp of lemon juice
and 1/4 tsp of minced garlic JUICE (just push down
the garlic to get the yummy garlicky liquid)

I tossed the asparagus with the butter sauce + a little S&P before putting it on the plate. After plating everything I topped the sausage with grated Parmesan, which is a lot prettier looking after it has melted a bit.

Andy gobbled his up. I, on the other hand, took about three bites and that was it. I had a nasty stomach bug on Tuesday and my appetite isn't back to normal yet. I cancelled a Coldstone date last night. That is how weird my appetite is.

BUT, the three bites I had were yummy. Success!





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!