Friday, January 7, 2011

chicken tenders with green beans and cauliflower


Tonight I made chicken tenders with cauliflower and green beans.
I dipped the chicken in olive oil and then a mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Easy peasy. Marriage 101.
I did something new with the sides. I thought of what we had on hand and came up with green beans with walnuts and feta cheese and cauliflower with onions and heavy cream. Everything turned out perfectly and the flavors were amazing.

I tossed the beans with olive oil and salt while they were still in the strainer. I added the feta and walnuts after I plated the beans.

I cooked the cauliflower in water while sautéing onions. Once the veggies were cooked I strained the cauliflower and added them to the skillet, tossing them with the onions and adding salt, pepper, garlic and about a quarter cup of heavy cream.


I used a slotted spoon to serve the cauliflower and onions to save a few calories and because nobody likes a liquid-y plate.

Total time:: 20 minutes. Can't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!