Friday, December 24, 2010

flashback friday: untitled


moral of this poem/song:: don't ever fall for anyone at camp. this is me, age 15. 

I can’t say the things you want to hear the way you want me to
And all my thoughts are dying to be free from the cell inside of me
But silence is as golden as the note that lies unfolded
The letter that will shatter everything that ever mattered in my life

I can feel my fingers shake against the curves of I love you
With every beat that my heart makes I read the lies that I once clung to
I can picture in my mind how all the words I want to find will never leave your lips
I wish I could remember something more than this

This note that you wrote will burn with all the rest of the best of our memories
I hope you are happy with the life that you have made
And I hope that you’ll be haunted with the past that you betrayed
And someday you’ll have something that you’re so eager to say
But the words you’ll never speak
They’ll leave you feeling weak
Because silence is as golden as the note that lies unfolded

The letter that will shatter everything that ever mattered in my life
Just a few simple lines to tell me goodbye
And you’re gone
I never got to say…

read the previous "flashback fridays" here

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!