Friday, August 10, 2012

look for less - scalloped shorts

After taking several weeks off from doing a "Look for Less," I'm back with one of my favorite trends - a scalloped hem! Ah. J'adore. Anything with a scalloped hem is undeniably adorable. I decided for this look that I'd do a loose interpretation of the pic below combined with some of the ideas I received on Pinterest.  I was surprised to see how many types of tops you can pull off with scalloped shorts: polka dot, chambray, striped, loose, structured, etc.

Free People model
scalloped shorts

Depending on the dress code at your work, you might be able to get away with wearing these shorts to the office. If not, swap them out with your skirt or pants at the end of the day for a summery evening out. The top I chose is longer than the one in the inspiration photo, so it would look best tucked in (my fav). Wouldn't it look amazing under a blazer? When the weather drops you could slip on some tights or leggings under the shorts and swap out the sandals for flats or booties.

Do you wear oversized rings? I can't stop admiring the yellow one in this set.

H&M top - $13
Total - $124

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!