Sunday, January 29, 2012

weekending v.2

facing east
Gorgeous weekend, right? What a nice break from all the rain. I had been looking forward to my mini vacation to northern VA all week long, and it was such a blessing to have nice weather to drive in. It took a lot of restraint to not snap pictures while making my way up I-81.

<3 my momma
I left Andy and the pup behind (my agenda of seeing friends and going shopping didn't really interest them) and enjoyed having my parents (and a bed) all to myself. My friend Becca was in town, so naturally we had to share a meal together. We headed to Los Tios in Del Ray, a sprawling Mexican/Salvadorean restaurant on Mount Vernon Ave. We split a mixed pupusa, the fried plantains and the chicken and steak fajitas. The restaurant was insanely loud, but the food was so good that we didn't care. My friend Zebib (both B&Z are friends from high school) came over later Friday evening to watch "The Ides of March," a political thriller that we both found fascinating. There was a lot of couch slapping going on. DON'T watch the trailer - it gives too much away. 

My parents and I spent literally all day Saturday at Tysons. We lunched at Coastal Flats and marveled at how packed the mall was (blerg). I came home with three dresses, three sweaters, two pairs of earrings and a white ceramic turtle.

dress up anyone?
Today was church, lunch at Moby Dick's, a lil shopping at Home Goods and driving home to a waggy tail and a snuggly husband.

Feels good to be home.

I couldn't walk away from this wire rack that I found
at Home Goods. I can't get over how ME it is!
I was planning on putting it in the bathroom but it may
end up here, just up on the wall. and no, my walls
aren't really that bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!