Sunday, July 24, 2011

Andy got a new job!

My awesome husband interviewed for a job with Kelloggs on the 13th and was offered the position later that day. I was at Dan and Simone's and had baby Nathaniel on my lap when Andy called. Babe, I got the job. I wish everyone could have heard that phone call... there was so much happiness in his voice. After months and months of coming home frustrated, applying for jobs, praying for patience and contentment.... a job! God's timing is perfect.

Andy will start his new job on August 8th as a territory manager in the Gainesville/Warrenton/Culpeper area. There is a chance that a job in the Staunton/Waynesboro/C-ville area will open up at the end of August and that Andy could transfer to that position. If that works out, we could stay in Harrisonburg. The plan for now, though, is for Andy to move in with my parents (who live in NOVA) for the month of August and for me to stay here and continue working at the DN-R. We would love to be able to keep our home and stay in the area, but if the job closer to here doesn't work out, then I'll quit my job and we'll start looking for a place to live around Warrenton. It's going to be hard to be away from each other, but I have great friends to help keep me busy and my mom already bought some almond M&Ms for Andy.  :)

We are SUPER excited about this new chapter in our lives. I couldn't be prouder of my guy. I didn't get him flowers like he did for me when I got my job, but he did get a goofy "congratulations" card. I still can't quite believe I'm going to get WEEEKENDS with my husband now! We can actually go places together!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!