Friday, October 1, 2010

10-01-10

Last Friday I was heading off to Rockbridge to serve the Campus Crusade for Christ groups from JMU, GMU and UVA. I made friends with the Caitlyn and Alex, the other female chaperones, and volunteered with Caitlyn to be the bakers for the week. We had no idea what we were getting into: baking for 500 people. The mixer was as big as me! We made frosting that called for 12 pounds of butter and 20 pounds of powdered sugar. It was intense. We were on our feet from 6:30am to 2pm and left with ankles so swollen they looked broken. Thankfully the weather outside was incredible and we had the rest of the day off. We went on the zip line and hung out by the pool for hours.

I got home from Rockbridge on Sunday afternoon and was contemplating when I should drive up to northern VA to see my grandma before she passed. Turned out my sister was already on the road and I had just enough time to re-pack my bags before she arrived at my door. We stayed until my grandma died on Wednesday.

Today I went back to the gym for the first time in a week, went to the mall with Andy for free pretzels at Auntie Annes, shopped for viewing+funeral dresses and caught up on The Office and 30 Rock.

Tomorrow I am going to Dayton Days with my friend Kelly and then we are making dinner together for our husbands. We are going to buy cannoli for dessert and we are going to play Clue: The Office edition. It's going to be amazing. I'm grateful that I have a couple days of relaxation and joy between grandma's passing and the viewings on Sunday and funeral, interment and reception on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!