Wednesday, July 14, 2010

how I love a man

I took 30 minutes of my day to peel and dice a pound of potatoes. I never peel potatoes. I hate peeling potatoes. I did this because I will be out of town for 10 days and Andy requested that I make a huge potful of clam chowder for him to eat every single day while I'm gone. It's the middle of July.

I think of two SNL vidoes that perfectly capture how I wanted to respond to his request.
from Pageant Talk: "You are the worst!"
from Bronx Beat: "You know what? My husband, I want to kill him. I want to strangle him while he's asleep. I want to kill him. But you know what? [voice breaking] I love him. He's the love of my life."

This is how I got through the peeling process: I pretended that I was a contestant on Top Chef and that I was in the quick fire challenge where everyone has to do prep work as fast as possible. I guess I would have lost, but for me peeling 11 potatoes in 14 minutes was a HUGE success.

I do not hate my husband. I love him very much even when I want to strangle him. I like taking good care of my man and I know I'll be peeling more potatoes for him in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!