Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June little pleasures

This is the first post of my new monthly "little pleasures" list. Little pleasures are really what The Blog Around the Corner is all about, and I hope you'll be inspired to watch/create/buy/listen/eat/etc. and discover the joy in little things.

1. Warfels chocolates. Katie Stoops gifted me with a lovely 6 piece box of chocolates yesterday and I am loooving every bite. Thanks Katie!

2. This gorgeous planter from Home Depot was also a gift from Katie Stoops. She is one of the most generous people I know. I actually received it in April as a housewarming gift (she planted three adorable succulents in it), but it still gives me so much pleasure, so I had to include it in this lift.

3. Slatkin & Co. Pomegranate Lemonade candle from Bath and Body Works. I got it 50% off (holler) but it smells just as sweet at full price. The candle is in my favorite shade of pink and smells incredible. I've been carrying it around the house with me. True story.


4. Prison Break! Andy and I finished this show on Monday morning. It overtook our life for about a month and a half after we discovered that the complete series is available on Netflix Instant Play. The show is fast-paced, exciting, chilling and at times, humorous. I've come across many people who are wary about how there can be four seasons about a prison break, but don't let the title of the show fool you. There is much more to the show.


5. Lost in the City by Edward P. Jones. I read a feature on Jones in the Washington Post Magazine several months ago and was eager to begin reading his books. Lost in the City is a compilation of short stories that follow varying characters in the African-American neighborhoods of D.C.


let me know if you try/buy any of these pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!