Wednesday, June 23, 2010

idyllic saturday

Last Saturday Andy and I drove to Low Moor, VA to visit my sister and brother-in-law, Katie and Todd. They took us out on Lake Moomaw and Todd taught Andy how to bowfish. You can see Andy catch his first carp here.

It was a gorgeous sunny (HOT) day and we stayed on the lake for nearly seven hours. It was so good to be out in nature, fishing, swimming and snacking. :) I especially enjoyed seeing Andy smile all day long. He called me his "lake hottie" and I could tell he was having the time of his life. We called the trip a much needed "day vacation."

In the evening the boys played 9 holes of golf while Katie and I watched Arrested Development and we all met up at Jack Mason's in Clifton Forge for a late dinner. Amazing. We all split the fried pickles and then Andy and I split nachos, wings and fish and chips. Yum.

Thank you, Todd and Katie! We love you!

OH, and we saw a bear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!