Sunday, February 24, 2013

the best leftovers

I never know what to say after someone tells me that they hate leftovers. In my head I'm thinking, what would my life be like without leftovers? My husband LOVES them, and he's turned me into a believer. Soup is an obvious leftover because it's easy to heat, but I used to struggle with re-heating meat, particularly chicken. My sister suggested that I microwave leftovers for a longer time using less power. This method warms the food up more evenly, so I don't have to worry about finding random freezing cold pieces of meat or vegetable.

a few of our favorite foods to have leftovers of:

Breakfast: pumpkin muffins and quiche
Lunch: turkey taco chilichicken burritos
Dinner: chicken and zucchini casserole, eggplant with turkey bolognese

I made the pumpkin muffins on Thursday (though I halved the recipe) and the chicken burritos yesterday. Yummm. It's been great to throw a couple of muffins into a ziploc to take with me when I leave the house. The chili, burritos and chicken and zucchini casserole are probably our three favorite meals. They're so easy to make and it's awesome not having to worry about what to make for lunch or dinner the next day.

Got any great-for-leftovers recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!