Thursday, May 3, 2012

settling in

Many of you have asked how we've been since the move. It's crazy to me that we've been in Frederick for a whole month. We've been doing really well - this house is definitely home now and I've only gotten lost in Frederick once! (I refuse to rely on my GPS.) I have a lot to look forward to this month: the farmer's market, overnight guests, a visit from my mom, coffee dates with new friends... can't wait! This past month was good, too. I've unpacked almost everything, learned the many buttons on our fancy new washer, wrestled with shower curtains (like I did here), cooked new meals, taken an absurd amount of baths, explored the park that runs through our neighborhood, discovered new music AND (phew) made a few friends!

One of my favorite albums to listen to when I'm in a contemplative mood is The Living Room Sessions by Chris Rice. It's simply him playing old hymns on the piano, and it's gorgeous. I had a lot of the songs played at our wedding, actually. Today I was especially touched by "Be Still, My Soul." I looked up the lyrics b/c I'm really only familiar with the lines "Be Still, My Soul!" The whole hymn is beautiful, but the first part really stuck out:

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!