Thursday, April 5, 2012

a new 'do

I used to blow dry and straighten my naturally-wavy hair almost every day. For the last couple of months I've been wearing my hair curly more often, a look I achieve by showering, scrunching my damp hair with my hands (no product) and letting it air dry. Sometimes it turns out great, but most of the time it looks like a frizzy, undefined mess. Maybe it's because I don't put much effort into it.

Today I booked an appointment at a salon in Frederick and asked for highlights, layers and a swoopy side-bang. Whenever I get my hair done I expect to get a blow-out and leave with a straight hairstyle, so I was surprised when the stylist worked a curling milk through my hair and sent me home with a curly 'do. I loved that she gave me something do-able (I hope) and I've had fun reaching back and feeling all of my soft and defined curls. The highlights and side bang are hard to see in this pic, but they're there! My hair is also lighter - the lighting in our living room is awful. 


My stylist used Pureology hydrating shampoo and conditioner (my stylist in NOVA uses the same ones, and I love the scent of both) and Pureology Illuminating Curl and Nourishing Nectar. I bought sample sizes of the shampoo and conditioner, but decided to try some of my own curling products and see if I can make it work. 

What are your favorite curly hair products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!