Monday, April 23, 2012

it's back! weekending v.7

Yikes, I haven't done a weekending post since before I left for Uganda! I'm a day late, but yesterday was set aside for a blog swap. So - the weekend.

We woke up Saturday and realized we were out of coffee, so we drove over to Dunkin Donuts and sipped our coffee together while longingly looking at all the sugary treats. I met my new friend Kiniqua for lunch and walking downtown. I'm so glad I showed up hungry - we shared delectable beef empanadas and pork leg with rice, beans and sweet plantains.

our entree - pic by Adam Fried, from here
We dropped into a few shops along Patrick and Market. I bought a tinted green glass tumbler from my fav store to hold my toothbrush and toothpaste, and Kiniqua bought me two pairs of earrings from Vibrant Artwear. I was dying to explore Baker Park and Carroll Creek Promenade, so we kept walking until we were both hot, sweaty, tired and thirsty! I mapped our walk downtown and we were just around 3.5 miles. 

Carroll Creek - photo by Sam Yu, from here
I was tired and sweaty by the time I got home, but I ended up going for a long walk with Andy and our pooch. After that I was ready for a bath, pajamas and dinner. In that order.

On Sunday we decided to try the late service, because that's when the girls I met from life group go. It was so nice to see familiar faces, especially since we've only been to church twice! We had one of our favorite weekend lunches - red pepper and tomato soup and grilled cheese - and watched two fascinating 30 for 30 documentaries. Then I read and blogged while Andy played video games. I was hoping to have a more productive weekend, but Sunday was so rainy and I have to admit it was nice to be cozy on the couch all day.

Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend, too! Off to finish making dinner... broiled tilapia with coconut rice cashew rice and broccoli. Tomorrow I'm making black bean quesadillas (thanks for the blog tip, Kelly!) and then Wednesday I'm making crock pot potato soup. Can you tell I did some meal planning today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!