Tuesday, December 27, 2011

good gifting

I recently wrote a column in the DN-R's holiday gift guide about being a good gift giver. My best advice was to be a listener - as in, take note of your friend's favorite author or the earrings your mom has been eyeing.

All this to say, back in August I put up a post about using dishes to hold jewelry and literally oohed and ahhed over these babies -


- and guess what? My friend Amber read the post and promptly purchased the bowls for me. She came over today with a birthday gift, and when I unwrapped the bowls I thought "these look familiar! where have I seen these before?"

I was so touched that she bought them for me. I think it's sweet that she's had them at her house all this time, waiting for my birthday. Thanks love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!