Wednesday, September 7, 2011

he is a good man for me




Thought about the first time that I met you
All those glances that we stole
Sometimes if you want them then you've got to


back in the summer of 2006 this song came on Hollister's website's "radio" - did any of you ever listen to that? It was actually a great music player at the time, and it came in handy when I was trying to get one of the little kids that I nannied to quiet down for his nap. This was our favorite song. I'd pick him up and we would dance, me swaying from side to side and singing softly into his ear. I sang and thought about how confused I felt over my on/off relationship with Andy. I thought about the first time we met, the glances that we stole, the dry spells and the hard times in bad lands. I thought about how I wanted Andy to be the good man for me. 


You're not a good shot but I'm worse
And there's so much where we ain't been yet
So swing up on this little horse
The only thing we'll hit is sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!