Saturday, November 13, 2010

yum in my tum

I've been embracing a new mentality: Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full.
I am ten pounds lighter and feeling great! I realized that by counting calories I was constantly checking to see how many calories I had left so I could snack more, even if I wasn't hungry. Now I wait until my stomach growls to eat, or if I recognize that I'm getting tired or cranky.
It's harder for me to obey the stop when you're full part, so I give myself small portions to start with and I usually don't need to get seconds. Our bodies have the amazing ability to communicate with us, so why don't we listen?

Here are some of my favorite meals for breakfast and lunch:
-Toasted 100 calorie sandwich thins spread with peanut butter + a banana on the side
-Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins cereal + sliced banana
-1 pumpkin muffin + one serving of fruit

-Sliced apple + sliced cheese + a serving of Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips
-Boson Lettuce with reduced fat feta cheese, walnuts, sliced strawberries (or chopped apples) and raspberry vinaigrette.
-Black beans with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!