Tuesday, April 27, 2010

banana nut muffins

















I've posted a link to a banana muffin recipe here, but yesterday I decided to wing it and follow my own muffin intuition. This is the part where I brag.

These muffins were amazing. Next time I'm going to sprinkle dry oats on top and replace some of the sugar with honey. yuuum.

I add more cinnamon than most muffin recipes because HELLO cinnamon is delicious.

Laura's Banana Nut Muffins (the word chocolate should be in there somewhere but then it's a ridiculously long title)

preheat oven to 375

in one bowl mix:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (add more if you want lots of crunch in your muffins. I prefer an occasional crunch)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon

in another bowl beat together until slightly lumpy:
3 ripe bananas
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine wet and dry ingredients. Allow mixture to stay lumpy- these banana chunks are super delish.
Once you've poured batter into muffin tin, sprinkle a pinch of sugar over each muffin. Add dry oats if desired.
Makes 12 large muffins or 24 small muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for as long as you can manage, then eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!