Wednesday, January 7, 2015

around here

I’ve got HGTV on while I’m writing this and I need to put something out there:
I LOATHE Wayfair commercials. They are truly awful. I don’t know which commercials bug me more, Wayfair or the creepy Trivago guy.

Thank you for the kind and encouraging comments on my last blog post, friends. Each comment meant so much. Heck, each “like” on Facebook meant a lot! I’m humbled to know that my mom isn’t the only person who reads my blog.

These past two weeks since Christmas have been mostly slow and quiet, partly because I had a sinus infection last week and partly because that’s how our lives have been for some time now. In the next month we’ll hopefully be adding church and small group back into our schedule, and church basketball will finally be starting up. If you’re praying for us, you can pray for this transition to go smoothly. I get anxious just thinking about being around all those people. If I can find the words, I’ll try to write about my/our struggle with church and prayer and all of that. I know we aren’t alone in dealing with these things.

I’m on season 5 of Gilmore Girls and I’m not ashamed to say it—I’m in deep. The first three seasons were hard for me to get through and I felt rather “meh” about the whole thing. The characters are insane. The constant banter is insane. The amount of food those Gilmore girls eat without gaining weight is insaaaane. I flew through season 4, though, and now I’m at a point where I find the insanity a lovable trait of the show.

When I’m not watching Lorelei drink coffee, I’m drinking coffee myself, taking walks, pretending I know how to pop and lock, trying to find the cutest parts of a jigsaw puzzle (tiny people!), cooking or reading. I read 56 books last year, proving that reading is key to my survival. If you’re like me and always want to know what other people are reading, you can see my list here.

One thing I love to do if I don’t have a sub job is make myself a big breakfast. There’s something wonderful about cooking for yourself and making whatever it is that you want in that moment. I’ve gotten really good at scrambling eggs and I’ve almost perfected over-medium (my favorite). My current breakfast obsession is mixing heated black beans with my mom’s homemade salsa and eating it alongside two eggs and two slices of bacon.

If that doesn’t sound crazy delicious to you (you FREAK), guess what I just licked off my fingertips?Homemade crêpes stuffed w/ Nutella and banana slices and topped with fresh whipped cream. Oh baby do I know how to eat! Maybe I’ve been watching too much Gilmore Girls…

How do you end a blog post that is about absolutely nothing? With a song, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!