Friday, March 8, 2013

15 weeks

week 12, 13, 14 and OHMYGOSH I'M ONLY 15 WEEKS WHAT IS UP WITH THAT BUMP?!
I'll admit, I'm already struggling with comparing my belly to other bellies. I KNOW it's ridiculous, but it's still a struggle. You wouldn't know it from the picture, but I've only gained a half pound since last week! 

I've been baking and cooking and doing laundry and trying to re-establish some normalcy in this house. It feels so good to be productive, and now I feel a lot less guilty when I take naps or catch up on my shows. We've been eating out in the evenings more than usual (trying to catch up with all the friends we hardly saw when I was at my sickest), so I'm trying to make smart decisions when I pack snacks and make lunch. I'm really into oatmeal, strawberry bread and apples and cheese. And for dessert, a quarter half of a plain spinach tortilla. It's all I want to eat at night!

Preg moment of the week: Andy came over to the couch where I was sitting and pointed at my sweatshirt that had taco salad stains on it. "Hi stain-y," he teased. "I'm pregnant!" I said, trying to look cute and pitiful. "Yeah, but your mouth is in the same place that it was before you got pregnant," he said back. He sure knows how to make me laugh. And be a pain in my neck. (Love you, babe!)
also, I started sobbing uncontrollably in a coffee shop. yikes. I think I need to wear a sign on my neck warning people of my crazies.

looking back on week 14...
last week was a total blur, so we'll move on to this week. 

looking back on week 15...
best meal: We had dinner at Dan's in Boonsboro last night with friends, and the fish and chips I ordered took me right back to Ireland.  
worst meal:  this category isn't necessary now that I'm eating normally. 
happy moments: see below!
baby moments: I couldn't stand not knowing how you were doing, so I went to my doctor and requested to hear your heartbeat again. It took a long time for her to find it, and Andy wasn't able to be there to hold my hand. I prayed hard and begged please, baby, let me hear that you're alive, and not too long after I heard that beautiful thump-thumping noise. You're hanging out right on top of my bladder. No wonder I have to go all the time! 

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU, BABY!

1 comment:

  1. Lou, I LOVE these updates and I literally squealed and clapped at your bump! :) I'm so excited for you and Andy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading!