Wednesday, August 3, 2011

heavens to betsy

I've had one of those days where I just want to trudge around grumbling and punching pillows and sighing deep sighs. For some reason I keep saying, "heavens to betsy." Where is this coming from?? I don't think I know anyone who says this phrase (I don't think). I didn't read it recently (I don't think). I have no idea what is going on in my head.

Yesterday was Tuesday, not Wednesday. Today is Wednesday, not Thursday. Nightmares. Bad interview-ees. Day-long headaches that make me dizzy and nauseous. Taking a two hour nap starting at 5 p.m. and waking up realizing I'm never going to fall asleep tonight and the nap only made my headache worse. URGH.

BUT, I did get to nosh on the elvis burger and sweet potato fries at Jack Brown's today with the loverly Melissa Williams. I did get a phone call from Andy, who kept telling me how cute I was and then asked me if I was being cute at work (I wasn't, but I told him I was). I DID purchase a ticket to Boston to visit Becca.

so, it could've been a worse day.

p.s. how wild is this? I mean, if I was running late to catch the Metro I would be all for it. OK, I'd slide on it even if I wasn't late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!