Monday, November 1, 2010

base recipe for pumpkin muffins

If you're not a pumpkin lover (silly you) check out my honey and banana muffins here and my banana chocolate nut muffins here.

I tweaked this pumpkin muffin recipe from allrecipes.com and was very happy with the result. I added chocolate chips and walnuts, but you could also add dried fruit. Some reviewers used even less sugar and still liked the result.

Laura's Pumpkin Muffins
makes 3 dozen muffins


2 cups whole wheat flour
2.75 cups all purpose white flour
1.5 cups granulated white sugar
1.5 cups brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons each of baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground cloves
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 eggs
1 can (29 oz) pumpkin
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
add-ins are optional- I used 3/4 cup choc chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (note: I used less choc chips but the same amount of walnuts when halving this recipe, and I loved them!) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then mix together. Fold add-ins into batter. Pour into greased muffin tins or loaf pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
After they are baked, muffins can be frozen and then microwaved for 20-30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading!